Wednesday, October 2, 2013

When Life Throws You a Curve Ball Sometimes You Cry!

So Issac and I got insurance at the begining of the year and about a month ago I finally called my OB to see if he would take my insurance and they did. I was so happy because I didn't want to have to search high and low to find another dr. He had delivered all of my kids and I wanted to keep seeing him. He jokely got after me and said that he wanted me to go and see and ENT about my Nodule on my right thyroid. I decied that he was right so I decied that I had better schdule to see the Dr. he ordered me to have an untra sound done so I was thinking if I could see him then I would be able to go to St. Marks Hospitle and have it done. My dr. also found a lump in my right brest so he suggested a dr that I should go and see so I go and see him and get told when I get there that I will not be able to have surgery with him, but that I could still see the dr. he orders an untra sound for me to so I schdule them at the same hospitle for the same day. I had waited a week and then I go into have the appoitment, but only to find out that I can not have it done at that hospitle because they do not except my insurance. So I had a nervours breakdown with the lady she was very understanding and offered to call another hospitle to set it up for me that made me feel better. I was gald I only had to wait 1 more day, but I was still upset. I had to go to talk to both of the dr.'s offices and have them fax a referal to Jordan Vally Hospitle and of course when I wanted to talk to them it was luch time. I waited outside of the brest dr.'s office untile they came back from lunch. I tried calling the other dr and could not get a hold of them until later because they were out to lunch. So I go and get both of the untra sounds done and find out that the lump is just a growth and so I wait to hear from the brest dr. about what he wants to do and of cource he want to do surgery so I call today to find a dr. at Jordan Valley and they tell me that I can't be seen unless they get a refferal faxed over to them from my dr. Meanwhile I have found out that my Thyroid Nodule was bigger and they want to do a guided MRI needle stick and take out some fliud to find out if I have cancer or not. So now I am torren as what to do because that Dr. can not help me any more and if I go and see another dr. I have to wait three weeks, but if I do not have cancer then I will be ok and they will just monitor and see if it is getting bigger. I have decied that I am going to go and have the MRI done and I have schduled to see the new dr. in three weeks. It does bug me some times so I kind of want to take it out, but I really want to know how big it had gotten in 6 years (that was the last time I had it checked) because if it got doubble in size in 6 years then I should have it taken out. I am also going to go to another OB that takes my insurance so I can have a hysterctomy. My grandmother died of ovarian cancer 9 years ago so I would like to not get it and I really should not have any more kids because I could die carring the baby. My other OB told me to wait a few months and see how my cycles go because he thinks I have intramertiosis so he thinks that when I am having a cycle then I would not have to have the pain. I do not want to be on the drugs that you have to take for that, but my grandmother has been on them for 50 years and she is still alive and well and 92 years old so if she can do it so can I. I am greatful that I have insurance to help pay for all of this, but I am not going to say that this has been easy I have cried a lot, but I know that I am strong and I know that I can get threw this. I can figure out what is wrong and make it better. I have learned that you just have to say postivie about everything and then it will be eaiser for you. No matter what curve ball gets throwen at you it is how you choose to handle the situation that makes you a stronger person.

1 comment:

Ambler Fam said...

Holy Cow Girl, I had no idea.. I am a crappy friend. So sorry. We need to talk :) Hope everything is ok. I need to keep up on my blog reading.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online